On the occasion of Birth Anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi on October 02, 2018, Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI), had launched a National Level Entrepreneurship Awareness Campaign, Udyam Abhilasha (उद्यम अभिलाषा) in 115 Aspirational Districts identified by NITI Aayog in 28 States and reaching to around 15,000 youth.
SIDBI will join to contribute to “the transformation mission” unleashed for these districts. The campaign would be running parallelly from 3rd October to 8th October
SIDBI has partnered with CSC e-Governance Services India Limited, a Special Purpose Vehicle, (CSC SPV) set up by the Ministry of Electronics & IT, Govt. of India for implementing the campaign through their CSCs.
- Each center to have 30-35 students within an age group of 20-40 years (minimum qualification 8th pass)
duration :15 Hours (3 hours per day)
- Training would be delivered in a group with interactive sessions or may be customized as per SIDBI’s requirement.
Objective of Udyam Abhilasha
- To inspire rural youth in aspirational districts to be entrepreneurs by assisting them to set up their own enterprise
- To impart
trainingthrough digital medium across the country
- To create business opportunities for CSC VLEs
- To focus on women aspirants in these aspirational districts to encourage women entrepreneurship and
- To assist participants to become bankable and avail credit facility from banks to set up their own enterprise.
SIDBI is also taking-up with stakeholders including Banks, NABARD, NBFCs, SFBs, District Industries Centres, State Govt. etc. to be a part of this campaign and ensure mutlifold impact. Further, CSC Village Level entrepreneurs (VLEs) would play role of catalyst for these aspiring entrepreneurs. Apart from training, VLEs would also provide handholding support to the aspirants to establish new units by assisting them in availing loans for their enterprise and making them aware about various initiatives of Government of India like Pradhan Mantri Mudra Yojana, SUI etc. and educate the youths in these districts on business literacy.
Speaking about the campaign, Shri Mohammad Mustafa, IAS, CMD, SIDBI said “As the task of transforming ‘Aspirational Districts’ is challenging, SIDBI has taken a bold step by entering into these aspirational districts and working on ground level activities in these areas, to create livelihood and promote sustainable development. This is part of our programmatic approach to induce entrepreneurship as dream choice by turning job seekers as job creators. We are connecting different dots through policy advocacy initiatives of MSE Pulse &
Crisidex, entrepreneurship series & campaigns, revamping digital aggregator portal, free access to project profiles and so on. multifold is to remove information asymmetry and make the youths in these ‘resource challenged’ districts to be ‘access rich’.”
Here They Will Deliver
Below are some of the deliverables this program is intended to
- 13,800 youths from 115 aspirational districts would be trained on entrepreneurship
- At least 20% of the youth would be able to start their own enterprise
- Around 10% participants i.e. 1150 new logins would be made on the for availing MUDRA loan.
- At least 20% of women to be empowered to start own business/ enterprise.
Source – Press Information Bureau"SIDBI Launches ‘Udyam Abhilasha’, A National Level Entrepreneurship Awareness Campaign",